- I'm collecting craploads of GPS data, delimited by 'event' (i.e. a run/ride/ski).
- I want to correlate that data to compare metadata associated with that GPS data (heart rate/pace)
- I want to do this in a non n^2 fashion.
- Similar 'events' usually center around the same GPS range. What is the margin of error for that range?
- If I can quickly get similar events grouped by center, than I can chunk them up by distance. Every event has a starting point, and even though GPS data will not be identical, distance would be a good way to divide events into similar subsections.
- Once I get similar event subsections, I can start comparing (i.e. graphing/analyzing) HR/pace data.
- Of course, all of this assumes that I've got a system that displays basic statistics for each event, and I'm not there yet.